Tuesday, March 16, 2010

We Are Back!

What a wonderful time we had. This was truly the first vacation that John and I have ever been on. We started our trip off on 3/5/10 in San Diego CA. This was the first time that either of us had ever been there. We stayed in Little Italy which was amazing. Below we are having our first meal enjoying the sun outside. It was chilly but not so chilly that we couldn't sit outside to enjoy our lunch. On 3/6/10 It was time to head to the ship to set sail! I was so excited that I could hardly stand it. You would have thought that I was a little kid instead of a grown woman. I'm not sure if I was more excited about the trip or just the pure fact that I was getting to spend 8 entire uninterrupted days with my husband. No Cell Phones, No Computers and No Kids! Once on board we headed to get some lunch. The first night was rough for me but after that I did well until Wednesday(more to come on that later). 3/7/10 The temp were a little cooler that I would have liked but we enjoyed being out and soaking up as much sunlight as we could. This was a full day at sea and all went well. I finale got to enjoy our first dinner. 3/8/10 Our first stop was Cabo. The first day we just went in and walked around and did a little shopping. There was a restaurant that allowed you to make calls to the USA for free if you ate there so we stopped for some chips and salsa and got to make our first call home to check on Gabe.

3/9/10 Day 2 in Cabo John went snorkeling. He loved this and can't wait to do it again sometime. I enjoyed watching everyone and taking lots of pictures. The water was WAY to cold for me and I was having a small problem with my leg.
3/10/10 This was another day at sea and if you can't tell in the picture above I was not having a good day this day. Winds were 50 mphs with swells coming in at 10-12 feet. This day was so rough at sea that 10 of the 18 friends that we went with didn't make it to dinner that night. I was glad that it wasn't just me that was having a hard time with it. John got me out of our room for about an hour and a half and I'm so glad that he did because if I hadn't gotten out I would have missed all of the these incredible dolphins that started following our boat! This was SO Awesome.

3/11/12 Last stop Ensanada. Once we docked at Ensanada I was fine and it was off for another day of site seeing.

We went to the Blow Hole in Ensanada and a Mexican Market which was lots of fun. I got a new dress that I was able to wear on our last night on the ship.

This was our last dinner and last night on the ship. It was sad to see it end but we were both ready to get home to see our kids.

This will for sure be something that we will do again!

No comments:

Post a Comment