Thursday, November 4, 2010

Marching Band


This year was the first year any of our kids have participated with The Vicksburg Marching Band A.K.A "The Big Red Machine". Dustin is an incredible trumpet player and agreed to give marching band a try for just one year. His love is football but he is so talented with music that we just didn't want him to give that up. Plus this year the band is going to be playing at the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans so that was also a great incentive to give it a try. Their band is AMAZING John and/or I attended all of their competitions this year and were blown away. What an incredible thing to be a part of . This band took MANY first place trophy's and other honors every place they played at except for one. I still get goose bumps when I hear them play their first song. I feel that this will be the only year that he will play but I am so happy that he stuck it out for at least a year.







Dustin your dad & I both think that you are totally awesome!


This is what makes a football game worth going to!


Just a little side note the trip that Dustin will be taking to New Orleans cost $1100.00 per student and we have been selling pillow cases that John's mom makes for $10.00 each. If you are interested and would like to help out let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment