Wednesday, September 22, 2010

St. Joe County Fair

We look forward to this fair every year. It's one of my favorite things to do with Gabe. Of course every year it gets a little more expensive but some how by the end of the night it's always worth the memories that were made.
This was Gabe's first ride choice of the night. He saved some of his own money so that he could buy a bracelet so that he could ride all the rides.This little monkey is the highlight of going to the fair. Gabe says that this is his favorite part and I have to agree that it's one of my favorite parts too. I've taken Gabe's picture with this money since he was 4 months old. If you give him a dollar he will let you pet his head. So of course we have to give him a dollar right?!?The Miracle of Birth Tent is my favorite part of the fair. I LOVE to go in and see all of the new little piglets that have been born. We didn't get to see any of them being born this year but we did get to watch it on TV. I wasn't sure how Gabe was going to handle this but he did pretty well. The first one that he watched come out he said "YUCK" but then he stood there and watched at least 4 others of them being born. On the way home he asked me if he came out of my Belly or Butt??? Way to funny.
One of the girls that was watching the Mama Pig got on of the little piglets that had just been born that day out so that we could pet it. Seriously I LOVE piglets how could you not love that face!
Another tradition that we have when we go to the fair is giving the Fire Department a dollar for a duck. We win a sucker every year but it's still something fun to do. I have pictures of Gabe doing this every year as well.
Just had to put this one in here because he is so stinking cute.
And last but not least the best reason of all to go to the County Fair......Well Elephant Ears of course!!!!!!!! Oh this one was SO good.

No comments:

Post a Comment