Tuesday, December 8, 2009

More Christmas Activities.

As a little girl my mom starting taking us to the Marshall Christmas parade. I looked forward to this parade every year at Christmas. I remember watching the little baton twirlers and looking at my mom telling her "Someday I'm going to be one of those girls" and one day I was one of those girls. I spent my Jr & Sr High years in school marching in that parade as a baton twirler for our school. Even after graduation going to this parade was just not something I was willing to miss. This parade is always the first Monday after Thanksgiving and it's one of the first things that gets marked on my calendar each year. Now that I'm a mom I love continuing this tradition with my son and I'm happy that my husband is willing to make the 45 minute drive that it takes us to get there each year! I'm not sure if either of them find the exact same joy in it as I have and still do but they both are willing participants! This was one of the floats this year. This was a replica of the Marshall Fountain with the nativity in it which is how the fountain had been displayed for many, many years. Very awesome.
The last couple of years we have invited our friends The Moody's to join us in the fun. They will sooner than later be moving and we are going to miss sharing this event with them very much but are so grateful for the years that we've been able to have them with us.

This boy is some kind of silly. He kept looking at me and telling me that he wasn't going to let me take a picture of him with his eyes open! Funny thing is even with his eyes closed this is probably one of my favorite pictures of him as it just show his true silliness.


If very rare that I get to be in a picture and of course when I do I have a four year old that is having way to much watching the parade to have his picture taken with his mommy! This was the best one out of what was taken! Oh well this too is just another side of my dear sweet boy.
P.S. Carol this post makes me think about you and hope that it gives you happy thoughts of home. We are so excited to have you and your family back in the states soon.

1 comment:

  1. Jammi,
    Thank you for thinking of me. Do you know that we lived in Marshall for 5 years and never once got to go to the parade? That's mainly due to the fact that we always had AWANA on that night. I look forward to going next year. Remind me and we can go together.

    When are the Moody's moving? Are they going to Illinois? Wow! They will be missed.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family. I mailed your card out today. Better late than never. I think you'll get it on Christmas Eve actally. :-)

    ReplyDelete